This workshop is perfect for anyone wanting to learn various cookie decorating techniques with sugar paste and royal icing in order to create romantic vintage valentines themed vanilla cookies. You will go home with 9 beautifully decorated valentines themed cookies and learn new skills that are transferrable into other designs and onto larger cakes.
This class will cover:
- Recipes, hints and tips to create perfect vanilla cookies (Please note you will not make cookies on this class, they will be provided for you to decorate)
- Handling Sugarpaste to decorate cookies and create embellishments,
- Techniques with cutters, texture mats and moulds,
- Handling colour pastes to create perfect colour schemes,
- Piping techniques with Royal Icing,
- Techniques with flooding icing,
- Using dusting powders to create depth and colour to your designs,
- Confidence with painting on sugarpaste with metallic paints,
- Advice on colour schemes and designs to create a perfect vintage valentine style
All the equipment you will need is provided and you will go away from this workshop with a useful handout with step by step instructions. You will have confidence in a variety of decorating techniques which if desired can be transferred to larger cake designs and of course a box of your beautiful valentines cookies.
Light refreshments are provided throughout the session.
Valentine Cookie Decorating Class 11th February 2018 10.00-14.00
1. Class bookings can be made via the website, if you wish to make a group booking please do so via email or phone.
2. Once payment for a class has been made refunds are not available so please ensure you check all dates, times etc. prior to making the booking. This applies to both individual bookings and group bookings or parties.
3. In the unlikely event that The Old Manor House Bakery has to cancel a class a full refund will be offered.
4. Refunds will only be offered for the price you paid for the class, we cannot be held liable for any other money spent by the student eg. travel expenses. It is recommended that you purchase your own insurance to cover these eventualities.
5. We cannot hold classes pending payment, your place is not secure until payment has been received and you have received a confirmation email.
6. If you arrive more than 1 hour late for the class you will be unable to join the class.
7. The minimum age for students is 16 yrs old, any children wishing to attend younger than 16yrs old must be accompanied by a full paying adult.
8. Any student with special dietary requirements must notify The Old Manor House Bakery at the time of booking.
9. We reserve the right to alter course content at any time. Handmade products will not be identical and we reserve the right to change a design if the end result would benefit from this.
10. Workshops are attended completely at your own risk, we will not be held liable for any injuries or accidents that occur during the workshops.
11. You are strictly prohibited from using our designs, lesson plans or photographs in classes that you host or intend to host for either teaching activity or promotional material.